Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies taste just like carrot cake—one of my favorite treats! They’re chewy like regular “dessert” cookies and have the sweetness level of muffins. They’ll keep for at least one week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator—if they last that long!
𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 (15 cookies)
1 cup (100g) instant oats (gluten-free if necessary)
¾ cup (90g) whole wheat or gluten-free* flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp (28g) coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 large egg white, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup (60mL) pure maple syrup, room temperature
5 tbsp (75mL) nonfat milk, room temperature
¾ cup (68g) freshly grated carrot (about 1 medium, peeled first!)
For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free instant oats and the following gluten-free flour blend: ½ cup (60g) millet flour, 2 tablespoons (15g) tapioca flour, 2 tablespoons (15g) brown rice flour, and ½ teaspoon xanthan gum. Most store-bought gluten-free flour blends will work fine as well.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg white, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup and milk.
3. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Gently fold in the carrots. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
5. Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten to the desired thickness and width with a spatula. Bake at 325°F for 10-13 minutes.
6. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
𝗡𝗨𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 (per cookie)
% 𝗗𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗩𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲*
Total Fat 2.1g 3%
Saturated Fat 1.0g 5%
Unsaturated Fat 0.8g
Cholesterol 4.3mg 1%
Sodium 97.7mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 12.6g 4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6%
Protein 2.0g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025