Garlic Butter Shrimp and Quinoa
This Garlic Butter Shrimp and Quinoa is ready in 30 minutes and is full of garlic butter flavor. It’s one of my favorite ways to do shrimp! And if quinoa isn’t one of your favorites, give it another chance in this dish… I’m sure you’ll like it this time.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
5 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
2 cups uncooked quinoa
1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
6 tablespoons salted butter, divided
1 pound raw tail-on shrimp
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley for serving
fresh lemon juice for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick pot over medium high heat.
• Add the onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
• Add 2 teaspoons of the garlic and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
• Add the uncooked quinoa and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute for another 1 minute to add flavor to the quinoa.
• Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
When the quinoa is done, it will be soft throughout. Fluff with a fork and toss with fresh minced parsley.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot and the butter is melted, add the shrimp and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder directly in the pan. Season with salt and pepper and saute until no longer translucent and golden brown on the outside.
• Just at the end of the saute, add 1 teaspoon garlic and swirl around in the pan until the garlic is very fragrant.
3. Melt the remaining 5 tablespoons butter with the 2 teaspoons garlic to make a sauce for drizzling (for this, crushed garlic or garlic paste would work really well but minced is also fine).
4. Serve the quinoa and shrimp together in one dish, topping with fresh chopped parsley and lemon juice if desired. When the butter is melted and cooled slightly, drizzle over the shrimp and quinoa. Serve immediately, while still hot.
𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗣𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝟯𝟬𝟴
% DAILY VALUE
Total Fat 13.3g 20%
Cholesterol 114.1mg 38%
Sodium 423.2mg 18%
Total Carbohydrate 30.2g 10%
Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13%
Protein 17.7g 35%
Vitamin A 78.3µg 5%
Vitamin C 1.1mg 2%
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025