Healthy Zucchini Lasagna
This sneaky lasagna not only swaps zucchini for noodles, but also incorporates vegetables into the sauce for extra fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins.
To reduce fat and amp up protein, tofu takes the place of ricotta cheese, with very little change in flavor. If you have time, freeze the tofu first, then thaw, drain, and squeeze out excess water—the texture is exactly like crumbled cheese.
𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 (𝟴 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀)-
2–3 Tbs. olive oil
3–4 medium to large zucchini
1 small carrot, chopped
½ cup broccoli florets
½ small yellow onion
1 cup spinach, loosely packed
1 26-oz. jar pasta sauce
1 lb. extra-firm tofu, drained
1–2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F, and coat two baking pans with olive oil.
2. Thinly slice zucchini lengthwise using mandoline slicer or very sharp knife. Arrange on baking sheets, and bake 10 minutes, until tender.
3. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
4. While zucchini is cooking, place carrot, broccoli, onion, and spinach in food processor, and chop into very small pieces. Combine chopped vegetables with pasta sauce in medium pan. Bring to high simmer, and cook, covered, 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
5. While sauce simmers, wrap tofu in clean dish cloth, and press firmly with hands to remove as much water as possible. Crumble tofu into bowl, and set aside.
6. To assemble lasagna, spread thin layer of sauce on bottom of large casserole dish. Arrange a layer of zucchini, then top with crumbled tofu and shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat until all zucchini, sauce, and cheese are gone (two to three layers). Top with Parmesan cheese and bake 10–15 minutes, until cheese is melted and casserole is hot. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
𝗡𝗨𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 (𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴)-
Carbs: 15 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Fat: 12 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Sodium: 500 mg
Sugar: 10 g
Source: Vegetarian Times, Lisa Turner, Nov 14, 2019
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025