OVERNIGHT OATS... THE PERFECT BREAKFAST
I’ve grown increasingly fond of overnight oats recently. If you haven’t tried overnight oats, below I’ve shared the recipe for my favorite version of this incredibly easy and nutritious breakfast. You may be able to find overnight oats pre-made and sold in mason jars at some juice bars or vegan restaurants in your town.
My go-to place in metro-Detroit for overnight oats is Urge Juice in Berkley. They offer 2 variations at their Berkley location but call first... they sell out quickly and may not always be available.
1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 Tbsp SunButter (Sunflower Butter)
1/4 cup Blueberries
2 Tbsp Goji Berries
2 Tbsp Raw, Unsalted, Sunflower Seeds
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1) Add 1/2 cup rolled oats to a small jar or container.
2) Pour 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice into jar with the oats. I prefer unsweetened almond milk, but you can use coconut, soy, cashew, even oat milk if you want. It can be sweetened or unsweetened, depending on your preferences but, as you know, sweetened versions have sugar added and we’re trying to cut back on unnecessary sugar, right?
3) Sprinkle Chia Seeds over the mixture, cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
4) The next morning, you may add more milk to your mixture if the consistency isn’t to your liking.
5) Next, add to the top in the following order: Sun Butter, blueberries, sunflower seeds, goji berries.Eat now or screw on mason jar lid and take on the go for later, keeping refrigerated at work if possible.
The nutritional breakdown will depend on the quantities of each you add to your mixture but this recipe will provide a healthy amount of fiber, both soluble and insoluble, Omega 3 and 6 fats, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamins A, C, B-6 and B-12, calcium, and protein.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025