Overnight Oats- The Perfect Weight Loss, Heart-Healthy Breakfast
I love overnight oats! I’ve talked about them in past articles not only because they are full of fiber but because the additions you add in can provide protein, antioxidants, vitamins, potassium, omega 3 & 6 fats, etc… the nutritional benefits are only limited by your imagination!
If you haven’t tried overnight oats, below I’ve shared the recipe for my favorite version of this incredibly easy and nutritious breakfast. If you can’t be bothered making overnight oats yourself, you may be able to find them pre-made and sold in mason jars at juice bars or healthy restaurants in your town.
Below is my go-to favorite recipe for overnight oats but the link below offers 5 more varieties you could try with protein ranging from 10 grams all the way up to 21 grams. That amount of protein combined with the oatmeal’s fiber content will help you feel full and free from hunger pangs throughout the morning.
I personally lost nearly 20 lbs in 8 months several years ago just by eating overnight oats each and every morning with very few other changes in my diet or exercise routine.
If you’re trying to lose weight, I think there’s no better way to start your day than with a mason jar of overnight oats. Do your heart, your waistline, and your digestive system a favor and integrate oats into your morning routine.
1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 Tbsp SunButter (Sunflower Butter)
1/4 cup Blueberries
2 Tbsp Goji Berries
2 Tbsp Raw, Unsalted, Sunflower Seeds
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1) Add 1/2 cup rolled oats to a small jar or container.
2) Pour 3/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice into jar with the oats. I prefer unsweetened almond milk, but you can use coconut, soy, cashew, even oat milk if you want. It can be sweetened or unsweetened, depending on your preferences but, as you know, sweetened versions have sugar added and we’re trying to cut back on unnecessary sugar, right?
3) Sprinkle Chia Seeds over the mixture, cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
4) The next morning, you may add more milk to your mixture if the consistency isn’t to your liking.
5) Next, add to the top in the following order: Sun Butter, blueberries, sunflower seeds, goji berries.
Eat now or screw on mason jar lid and take on the go for later, keeping refrigerated at work if possible.
The nutritional breakdown of your overnight oats recipe will depend on the ingredients you add to your mixture but THIS recipe will provide a healthy amount of fiber, both soluble and insoluble, Omega 3 and 6 fats, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamins A, C, B-6 and B-12, calcium, and protein.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025