Perfect Pumpkin Seeds
Roasting pumpkin seeds is an annual family favorite and kids love helping their parents in the kitchen. If you’re single or your kids are grown, this is a great opportunity to make a healthy snack for yourself.
Total: 1 hr
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 50 min
1. Seed the pumpkin: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Using a spoon, scrape the pulp and seeds out of your pumpkin into a bowl.
2. Clean the seeds: Separate the seeds from the stringy pulp, rinse the seeds in a colander under cold water, then shake dry. Don’t blot with paper towels; the seeds will stick.
3. Dry them: Spread the seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet and roast 30 minutes to dry them out.
4. Add spices: Toss the seeds with olive oil, salt and your choice of spices (see below), or simply keep them plain. Return to the oven and bake until crisp and golden, about 20 more minutes.
1. Sweet Toss with cinnamon and sugar (do not use salt in step 4.
2. Indian Toss with garam masala; mix with currants after roasting.
3. Spanish Toss with smoked paprika; mix with slivered almonds after roasting.
4. Italian Toss with grated parmesan and dried oregano.
5. Barbecue Toss with brown sugar, chipotle chile powder and ground cumin.
Source: RECIPE COURTESY OF FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025