Salmon Bowl With Noodles, Mushrooms, And Spinach
I love spinach, barely cooked, in a noodle bowl. Add in salmon, mushrooms, noodles and vegetable stock and you have a wholesome meal for the entire family.
Use either bunch spinach from the farmers’ market or baby spinach for this recipe. Best of all, this healthy and nutritious meal takes very little time to prep and cook.
𝗬𝗜𝗘𝗟𝗗- 𝟰 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀
𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘- 𝟭𝟬 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀
𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 (4 Servings)
• 6 cups kombu stock, chicken stock or vegetable stock (organic preferably)
• 16 ounces Japanese soba noodles, cooked and tossed with 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (simmer stems in stock for 20 minutes, remove them and discard), or 8 cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 16 ounces salmon fillet without skin, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 equal pieces
• 1 large bunch spinach, stemmed, washed in 2 changes of water and coarsely chopped (about 6 cups) or 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach, rinsed
• 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, light and dark green parts kept separate Cilantro leaves and sprigs for garnish
• Soy sauce (low sodium) or kosher salt to taste
1. Bring the stock to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding soy sauce or salt if desired. If the noodles have been refrigerated, warm them by placing them in a strainer and dipping the strainer into the simmering broth. Then distribute the noodles among 4 deep soup bowls.
2. Add the sliced mushroom caps, the salmon fillets, the spinach and the white and light green parts of the scallions to the simmering stock. Cover and turn off the heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes without removing the cover. The salmon should be just cooked through. Leave it a little longer if you want it more opaque.
3. Place a piece of salmon on top of the noodles in each bowl. Ladle in the soup, taking care to distribute the spinach, mushrooms and scallions evenly. Sprinkle on the dark green parts of the scallions, garnish with cilantro and serve.
𝗔𝗱𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: The noodles can be cooked ahead and kept in the refrigerator for 3 days. The stock can also be made a day or two ahead
𝗡𝗨𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 (𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴)
% 𝗗𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗩𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲*
Total Fat 9.6g 12%
Saturated Fat 1.4g 7%
Cholesterol 50mg 17%
Sodium 976mg 42%
Total Carbohydrate 33.1g 12%
Dietary Fiber 3.3g 12%
Total Sugars 4.1g
Vitamin D 0mcg 0%
Calcium 141mg 11%
Iron 3mg 19%
Potassium 880mg 19%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Recipe analyzed by Ron Patterson
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025