Salmon Piccata Recipe!!
Here’s a healthy, lightened up version of the original with all of the authentic piccata flavors of white wine, capers, lemon and garlic. Healthier because it uses less butter than most recipes, and very simple and quick to make with a gourmet feel.
Per serving, this dish offers omega-3 fats, 36 grams of protein, 27% RDA of potassium, and it’s a good source of vitamins A & C, iron, and calcium. If you’re watching your calories & carbs, each serving has under 400 calories & just 9 grams of carbohydrates.
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
𝗜𝗻𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 (𝟰 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀)-
24 ounces skinless salmon fillets
Sea salt and lemon pepper (or black pepper), to taste
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic minced
1/3 cup dry white wine (optional, or replace with extra broth)
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock/broth (fat free if you can find it)
1 teaspoon cornstarch (or corn flour)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons rinsed and drained capers
2-4 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley to serve
Lemon slices to serve
1) Season both sides of salmon fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup of the flour to a shallow dish; dredge the salmon in the flour to evenly coat. Shake off excess.
2) Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to mix through the butter.
3) Sear salmon for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer salmon to a warm plate; tent with foil and set aside.
4) Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the pan. Saute garlic for a further minute until fragrant. Add wine; bring to a boil scraping any browned bits off of the bottom of the pan. Cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
5) Add 3/4 cup stock/broth to the pan along with the lemon juice; bring to a boil and cook for a further 3 minutes.
6) Whisk cornstarch (or cornflour) together with the reserved 1/4 cup stock/broth. Pour the mixture into the pan, stirring through the liquid to create a sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
7) Stir capers through the sauce. Place the salmon fillets back into the pan, gently turning each fillet to evenly coat in the sauce.
8)Sprinkle with chopped parsley and extra pepper. Serve immediately over rice, pasta or vegetables of choice. This is also great served over sautéed fresh spinach.
Give this a try this weekend! I’m confident you and your family or guests will love it!
Recipe provided courtesy of www.cafedelites.com
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025