Sticky Sesame Vegan Cauliflower Wings
These Sticky Sesame Vegan Cauliflower Wings are the best veggie wings I’ve ever had! Loaded with a maple sesame flavor and spice, they are the perfect game day snack for vegans.
This recipe has a lot of interesting twists on standard chicken wings to make them both healthy and tasty. Give these a try for your next get-together or bring them to a Super Bowl party. You’ll be shocked at how good they are!
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 27 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 42 MINS
𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦- (makes about 30 pieces)
1 small head cauliflower
1/2 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (1/2 if you want it very spicy, leave out if you don’t like spice)
1 cup crispy gluten-free panko bread crumbs (seasoned with salt and pepper) OR toast your breadcrumbs slightly before using
4 tablespoons real organic maple syrup
2 tablespoons liquid aminos (ie. Bragg Liquid Amino)
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger (ie. Simply Organic Ground Ginger)
chopped scallions & sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with a silicone baking sheet or greased foil.
2. Remove florets from the cauliflower (aka don’t use the stem). Chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces to resemble the size of wings.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk all the batter ingredients together EXCEPT the bread crumbs. Place the bread crumbs in a bowl. Line it up beside the batter bowl.
4. Toss the cauliflower in the mixture one at a time, shaking off excess batter. Do not soak. Then, dip the cauliflower into the breadcrumbs to coat completely, then place onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the wings are coated.
5. Bake for 22 minutes. Please ensure your oven is completely preheated and hot. While baking, prepare the ingredients for the sauce by whisking together.
6. Remove from oven. You can stop here, and serve the wings sauceless with sauce on the side (it is not a very thick sauce). The wings will be crispy this way. Alternatively, coat the wings in the sauce. With a pastry brush, brush the sauce onto the wings. Bake for another 5 minutes for the sauce to soak into the wings.
7. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025