Super Seedy Homemade Sunflower Butter
God’s gift to those who cannot have nuts! Although I can have nuts, I have a tendency to overdo it on almond and peanut butter (raise your hands if you go through 1 jar a week🙄). And if you’ve ever bought an organic nut/seed butter, you know how outrageously priced these products can be online or in stores.
Recently, I’ve been enjoying cashew butter and sunflower butter. However, I’ve noticed that many of the sunflower butter brands include added sugar and it ends up being too sweet for my taste. So I wanted to make my own version that I felt better about enjoying every day. Plus you’ll save a ton of money making homemade SunButter!
This 6-ingredient, 20-minute sunflower butter gets a serious nutritional boost from hemp seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds! They not only add essential amino acids, protein, fiber, healthy fats, and more, but also a nutty crunch to this creamy spread.
Speaking of spread, what do you spread this butter on? I’m so glad you asked..
• Banana Bread
• Coconut Yogurt Waffles
• Gluten-Free Waffles
• Vegan Whole-Grain Pancakes
• Vegan French Toast
• Vegan Pumpkin Bread
• Steel-Cut Oats
• Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins (in place of PB)
• Overnight Oats (in place of PB)
You get the idea. If you try this recipe, let us know what you think!
𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝟭𝟯 (𝟮-𝗧𝗯𝘀𝗽 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀)
3 cups raw sunflower seeds (if roasted, skip the roasting step!)
1/4 tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
1 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds
1 Tbsp roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
1-2 tsp coconut sugar or stevia to sweeten (optional)
1. If your sunflower seeds are roasted (select unsalted if possible), skip this step. Otherwise, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and spread sunflower seeds on a baking sheet.
2. Roast for 10 minutes, stirring/turning the pan occasionally, until fragrant and light golden brown.
3. Add roasted sunflower seeds to a food processor (or high speed blender) and blend until a butter forms, scraping down sides as needed. It should take about 5-7 minutes. Resist the urge to add any additional oil (and especially not water, as it will cause the butter to seize up).
4. Add salt, chia seeds, flax seed, hemp seed, and pumpkin seeds and mix/pulse to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt, or a bit of sweetener of choice if desired (avoid using liquid sweeteners, as they can cause the butter to seize up and lose its form).
This spread is perfect for toast, baked goods, waffles, pancakes and more! Store at room temperature for 1-2 weeks, or in the refrigerator up to 1 month!
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025