Whole Wheat Pasta With Lemon Kale Chicken
We’ve talked previously about healthy swaps that can improve the nutritional content of everyday meals. We all love pasta, but let’s make a habit of swapping out regular pasta for whole wheat pasta.
Although some nutrients, including iron and B vitamins, are often added back into white pasta to create an “enriched” product, these still can’t compete with the natural benefits of unrefined whole grains. Still, whole wheat pasta may take some time to catch on, so don’t expect to find the option on most restaurant menus (and forget about the more traditional Italian establishments).
𝙇𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙮, 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙘𝙠 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖 𝙤𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨— 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙡𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙨. 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩 100 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙙𝙪𝙧𝙪𝙢 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 “100 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙩,” 𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 “𝙒𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣” 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙢𝙥.
Getting used to the taste and texture of whole wheat pasta may take a little time, thanks to its strong, nuttier flavor and more grainy consistency. But following the suggested cooking will ensure the noodles don’t get too gummy and start sticking together (no one wants a ball of pasta instead of a bowl of pasta). With the right sauce or topping, adding whole wheat pasta is an easy way to enjoy a healthy meal and sneak those whole grains onto the menu.
This recipe is absolutely delicious! When added to a daily menu that includes a healthy, low-fat breakfast and lunch, this recipe is a nutritious and healthy choice for dinner that your entire family will love. Give it a try— You won’t be disappointed!
𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦- (𝟮 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀)
4 oz whole wheat spaghetti
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups curly kale, chopped, ribs removed
1 lemon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
kosher salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
1. Boil salted water and cook the pasta for 1 minute less than the time indicated on the package. When the pasta is finished cooking, reserve ¼ cup of pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet. Season cubed chicken with salt and pepper, add it to the skillet, and brown it on each side. Once cooked through — about 2 to 4 minutes — remove from skillet and reserve.
3. Heat remaining three tablespoons of olive oil in skillet and add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
4. Add kale, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and reserved pasta water. Cook until kale is tender, about 3 minutes.
5. Add cooked chicken, and pasta. Stir to coat, and serve immediately.
𝗡𝗨𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡- (per serving)
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025