Zucchini Burgers With Chickpeas
Killer vegan and gluten-free zucchini burgers made with zucchini, chickpeas, quinoa and sunflower seeds. Even if you’re not a fan of vegan burgers, I dare you to give this recipe a try and tell me it’s not amazing. This just may be your new favorite burger!
𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 (𝟲 𝗕𝘂𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀)
2 tablespoons olive oil divided
3 clove garlic minced
1 small onion chopped finely
1 1/2 cup zucchini grated on the largest setting of a box grater, and squeezed dry using a paper towel or cheesecloth (make sure to remove all moisture from zucchini)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds toasted
3/4 teaspoons sea salt plus more to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup canned chickpeas
1 cup cooked quinoa 1/3 cup dry
2-3 tablespoons water optional
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped (use fresh basil if you prefer)
1/2 teaspoon smoked and spicy paprika
3-4 tablespoons quinoa flour optional
6 hamburger buns or sliced bread (ie. Ezekiel Bread)
Red onion thinly sliced
Arugula (large handful for topping)
4 tablespoons wasabi mayo (omit for vegan version) AND/OR
4 tablespoons any variety of hummus (flavored if preferred)
3 small cucumbers thinly sliced
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Add zucchini, and saute until zucchini is cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Grind sunflower seeds, sea salt, and pepper in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add quinoa, chickpeas, dijon mustard, lemon, dill, and paprika, to the mixture. Pulse to combine a few times and then run the food processor until the mixture is broken up but hasn't completely lost its texture. If you need to, add a little water to the mixture.
3. Place the mixture in a mixing bowl and add the zucchini, onion, and garlic. Mix until combined.
4. Shape the mixture into 6-8 patties with your hands. Optional -- if the mixture feels too moist add quinoa flour and mix, until mixture is a bit more dry and holds together better.
5. After forming into patties freeze the patties for 15-20 minutes (optional) - this helps them stick together better.
𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗼𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀:
1. Heat remaining olive oil in a pan on medium heat and cook burgers for five minutes on each side, or until golden brown
2. Bake in a 350 degree F preheated oven on a parchment paper lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray for 20-30 minutes.
✅Serve each burger on hamburger buns with a dollop of wasabi mayo or hummus, sliced cucumbers, red onions and arugula.
𝟰𝟮𝟴 𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝘂𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗿 (𝗯𝘂𝗻 𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗱)
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
CALL OUR CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM:
Phone: (800) 264-5737
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.
Super Anti-Aging Nutrition Headquarters:
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 465
Bingham Farms, MI 48025